I am obsessed with bacon and cheese lately.
Enough said; I think I am getting fat :).
Last night, I made a creamy cheesy bacony pasta sauce. It tastes so good (when I tried it straight from the pan) that I couldn't wait until my lunch time today :P.
So I cooked pasta, and set aside.
In one small saucepan, heat one spoonful of butter + one spoonful of plain flour (ensure an equal proportion). Pour one pint of heavy cream in (I know it's a lot), sprinkle some nutmeg, sea salt, and freshly ground black peppercorn. Stir well, throw some chunks of cheese (I put a lot of it) -- I used cheddar and smoked gouda, but I don't think people usually put gouda, let alone smoked, for cheese sauce.
In another pan, fry chopped smoked bacon (no oil required) until done, throw some corn kernels and diced zucchini (my other obsession). When both are done, pour the cheese sauce into the big pan, mix and stir well. Season if required.
Then I still added a few bits of smoked gouda =P.
Sinful but irresistible.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Rhere...mau dong recipee hehehee...but not the sinful one please...i'm already fat :p
haha yo, g makin lama masaknya makin yang "dosa-dosa" gitu -- walau belum ngalahin rumet gua sih hihi.
pas kapan itu g craving for vegetables... tapi tau gak, g masaknya pake sekaleng santen (ckckckc). enak sih yo :) ntar kapan deh g post resepnya. belum ada waktu bo.
Post a Comment